Egyptian Beef Shawarma
- 1 lb. flank steak cut into strips
- 200 grams yogurt
- 2 large red onions finely chopped
- 4 Tbsps. white vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes diced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Petit pan bread
- Tahini sauce
- Mix the marinade ingredients together with the steak, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for up to 12 hours.
- After marinating, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shawarma mixture and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced green pepper and mix to combine.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir in
- tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir until all moisture
- is almost gone.
- Stir in the parsley and mix to combine for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and prepare the sandwiches by adding a layer of tahini sauce then scoop the shawarma into the sandwich.
- Serve with more tahini sauce and tomato salad.