Once you give this recipe a try, it will become your go-to shrimp recipe. Super tasty and super easy Garlic prawn recipes form the South African cuisine.
Scroll down for the printable version of this recipe!
Start by cleaning the prawns by slitting them down the back, open them like a butterfly and remove the vein. You can leave them in the butterfly shape or leave them as is after removing the vain. It's up to you!
Don't forget to prepare your oven grill by preheating!
Melt butter in a shallow dish, and mix in the sauce ingredients, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Dunk in the prawns in the sauce mixture, coat well and place them side by side, shells down. If you're leaving the prawns whole, you can place them on any side you want.
Grill for 5 minutes or until well cooked. Don't cook for too long though!
Place the hot prawns on a serving platter, pour the sauce over it and decorate with lemon wedges.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Also, I would like to add that this method works great with stove-top grilling as well! Same method but flip the shrimps halfway through until they become orange-y and start to curl.
African Food Recipes
cloves garlic, crushed
stalks green onion finely, chopped
lemon wedges for serving and decoration
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slit the prawns down the back, open them like a butterfly and remove the vein.
2. Heat the oven grill.
3. Melt butter in a shallow baking dish, and mix in the olive oil, with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Dunk in the prawns in the mixture, coat well and place them side by side, shells down.
5. Grill for 5 minutes or until well cooked.
6. Place the hot prawns on a serving platter, pour the sauce over it and decorate with lemon wedges.
First, let me introduce myself. I'm Arwa; a citizen of the world. I like to explore the world, and try different foods from around the globe. Here, I share my passion for food with you, bringing you closer to different cultures an...Read more