A delicious and warm Moroccan chickpea, spinach and tomato soup to warm you up on cold nights.
Savory Recipes ,
Soup Recipes ,
Vegetarian Recipes ,
Vegan Recipes ,
African Food Recipes
dry chickpeas rinsed and picked over
frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
red onion, finely diced
minced parsley or a mix of parsley and cilantro
garlic cloves, minced
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
Dukkah, optional (can be skipped or substituted with a small pinch of cumin)
1. Soak beans overnight and boil until tender (reserve 2 cups of the cooking water).
2. Puree 1 and 1/2 cups of the tender beans with the 2 cups cooking water, salt, and 2 tbsps olive oil.
3. Place the whole chickpeas, pureed beans, lemon juice, tomatoes, spinach, and the chili flakes into a large saucepan, stir and bring to a simmer.
4. In a small frying pan, add 2 tbsps of olive oil over high heat.
5. Sauté the onion until softened then add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
6. Stir in the onion and garlic from the frying pan into the simmering mixture, stir and adjust taste by adding salt and/or lemon juice.
7. Add a little more water if needed.
8. Ladle the soup into soup bowls, drizzle with remaining olive oil, freshly ground pepper, minced parsley, and a pinch of dukkah.
chickpea tomato soup,moroccan soup
First, let me introduce myself. I'm Arwa; a citizen of the world. I like to explore the world, and try different foods from around the globe. Here, I share my passion for food with you, bringing you closer to different cultures an...Read more