White and Bittersweet Chocolate Chunk Bars
- 170 grams white chocolate chopped in small pieces
- 114 grams bittersweet chocolate chopped in chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 176°C.
- Lightly grease a 23-cm square pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat them add half of the white chocolate, and set aside while chocolate melts.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy, then gradually add sugar and beat for about 3 minutes or until mixture is pale, then beat in vanilla.
- Mix 2 tbsps. of flour with walnuts and raisins.
- Stir in the butter mixture and the remaining flour into beaten eggs until well blended.
Stir in the raisin mixture, the remaining white chocolate and the bittersweet chocolate then spread over a prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges start to pull away slightly from sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 3 hours before cutting in bars.