- 1 orange zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsps sugar
- In a small saucepan, mix together the orange juice, zest and sugar
- Simmer the mixture over medium heat, while stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until the formation of a thick and syrupy sauce.
- You can continue to reduce
- the sauce to make it thicker, if you prefer.
- Stir in the butter when the sauce is a consistency you’re looking for.
- Simmer the sauce for another 2 or 3 minutes then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- The orange sauce could be served chilled, at room temperature or warm.