Onion White Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- A dash of salt
- A dash of white pepper
- Melt the butter in a
- heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the flour with a wire whisk and cook over low heat for about three minutes while stirring constantly. (Do not allow the mixture to brown).
- Gradually stir in the milk while whisking
- constantly and cook over low heat for about 3-5 more minutes (the sauce should begin to thicken).
- Season to taste.