Egyptian Assaj (Minced Meat Mix)
- ½ Kilo minced beef
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper cut into small cubes (optional)
- 2 Tbps. Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ½ cup water
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oil and sauté the
- onion until it becomes translucent.
- If you’ve chosen to use the green bell pepper, add it now and stir until the pepper is bright green.
- Add the minced meat to the
- onion and mix until no longer pink.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Mix the water with the tomato paste and add to the meat mixture and combine.
- Leave it to simmer until the meat
- is cooked and water is evaporated.
- You can use it with a lot of recipes such as Makarona Bashamale.