Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 170 g 6 oz dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 6 tbsp cream
- 30 g 1 oz butter, cut into small chunks
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 115 ml 4 fl oz water
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Heat the water and sugar in a medium saucepan heat, while stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar and bring to a boil.
- Continue to stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add to the chocolate and butter to the saucepan and stir.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir until the chocolate and butter have melted and the ingredients have well blended.
- Stir in the cream and the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Served immediately while still warm.