Chinese-Style Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized florets and peel the tough skin off stem and quarter it into 2 inch pieces cut slantwise.
- In a large saucepan, place 2 1/2 quarts of water, 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a minute.
- Place into cold water to set the color then drain and place in a bowl.
- In a small separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, 1/4 tsp of salt and the sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the broccoli and toss.
- Served hot or cold.