- 1 1/2 cups (300g) couscous
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat chopped
- 6 Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 spring onions with bulbs, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea Salt
In a large bowl, place the couscous and stir in the lemon rind and juice, the boiling water and 1 tsp of sea salt.
Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes.
Uncover the bowl and fluff couscous with a fork.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss together until all is well combined.
Season with sea salt to taste and freshly grounded black pepper.