Avocado, Feta and Roasted Tomato Salad
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup tightly-packed small basil leaves
- 1 kg tomatoes roughly chopped
- 375 g small green beans trimmed
- 100 g marinated feta cheese crumbled
- 6 garlic cloves sliced lengthways
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Liguria olives table olives
- Peel the avocados, cut in halves, remove stones and chop roughly.
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Place non-stick baking paper on a baking tray.
- Combine the tomatoes with garlic and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl and toss gently to coat.
- Spread them over the tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes for about 35 minutes or until they are tender and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- In the meantime, fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to boil.
- Add the beans and cook for about 3 minutes or until they get bright green and tender.
- Drain and wash with cold water.
- Dry and divide into serving bowls.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, avocado, feta and the basil over the beans.
- Drizzle each bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season it with black pepper.