- 1 serving of cooked brown or white rice
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms (you can use tofu instead)
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped, plus extra for garnishing
- 1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables (or substitute with fresh vegetables of choice)
- 1 tsp corn starch (or flour)
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp. sriracha or hot sauce
- ½ Tbsp. ketchup
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
In a medium frying pan, sauté the mushroom or tofu in the olive oil, or a tiny bit of water if not using oil.
Add the green onions and frozen vegetables. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are done to your liking.
If using fresh vegetables, add 2 Tbsps. of water and cover to cook for 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
Add the corn starch and mix to combine.
While the vegetables are cooking, mix the ingredients of the sauce together.
After the vegetables are done, stir in the sauce and cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
Serve over cooked rice and garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.