Yogurt Lemon Cake
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup of light flavoured yogurt you can use lemon or vanilla
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Grate the lemon.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks and place the egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and beat until the volume of the egg yolks doubles and you get a whitish mixture.
- Add vegetable oil, yogurt and lemon zest to the egg yolk mix.
- Sift the flour into the egg yolk mixture, then add the baking powder and stir until combined.
- Add the pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat the egg whites until you get white stiff.
- Add the egg white mixture to the egg yolk and flour batter and stir and until well combined.
Grease the cake pan with vegetable oil and spread a little bit of flour on it.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 30-60 minutes in the middle shelf.
- Check the cake with a knife to make sure it’s cooked. The knife should come out clean.
Set the cake to cool for about 5 minutes before removing it from cake pan.