- 5 large lemons
- 9 eggs
- 1 egg beaten
- 250 g plain flour
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 125 g butter
- 375 g caster sugar
- 60 g caster sugar
- Place the flour in a large bowl, then add the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the 60g caster sugar, and then bind together with the beaten egg.
- Wrap in cling film and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
Roll out the dough and line in a flan tin, then cover the pastry with foil and add a little of raw rice or beans and bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove the rice/beans and foil and bake for a further 5 minutes.
Reduce the oven’s temperature to 180 C / Gas 4.
Beat the eggs then add the cream, the caster sugar, all of the 5 lemon juice and zest of 2 lemons, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the flan tin and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the mixture is just set.
- Served at room temperature.