Tunisian Meat Pie
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lb lean ground lamb or beef
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 2 Tbsps. parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 ⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil then cook the onion until starts to soften.
- Stir in the meat and cook until no longer pink; remove from heat.
- In a deep dish, mix the mashed potatoes, boiled eggs, parsley and spices.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve as pie wedges.