Lemon Ice Cream
- 8 fl oz 250ml milk
- 1 large lemon
- 8 fl oz 250ml double cream, chilled
- 7 oz 200g caster sugar
- Grate the lemon to get the zest then squeeze it to get the juice.
Combine the lemon zest and the sugar in a food processor’s container.
- Process until zest is very fine.
- Stir together the zest mixture and milk in a medium bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Whip the double cream in a separate bowl until stiff but not grainy.
Fold the whipped cream gently into the lemon mixture until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x5 in (23x13cm) loaf tin, and then cover with cling film.
- Freeze for 3 hours, or until firm.