German Potato Salad
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes to the boiled
- water and cook for about 15 minutes until tender but still firm.
- When the potatoes are firm, drain and chop after cooled.
- Cook bacon over medium high heat in a large, deep skillet until evenly brown.
- Drain bacon and reserve the fat. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add the flour, water, sugar and vinegar to the skillet and cook in the reserved bacon fat over medium heat until it gets thick.
- Add the potatoes, bacon and green onions to the skillet and stir until well coated.
- Cook until all heated through and season with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.