Creamy Hot Cocoa
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the cocoa with sugar and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan.
- Blend in the boiling water and bring the mixture to an easy boil while stirring.
- Simmer and stir the mix for 2
- minutes, don't let it scorch.
- Stir in the 3 1/2 cups of milk.
- Heat until very hot, but do
- not boil.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla then divide between 4 mugs.
- Add the cream to the mugs to
- cool it into a drinking temperature.