Cream of Tomato Soup
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 tbsp light cream
- 1 and 1/2 tsp butter
- 3 tsps. garlic chopped
- A small piece of ginger chopped
- Handful coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 a chili chopped
- Basil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Purée tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter, then add the chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chili and coriander leaves.
- Sauté until a nice smell is emitted.
Add the pureed tomatoes to the saucepan and simmer.
- Add some water if needed.
- Stir in the basil leaves and salt the mixture according to taste.
- Remove saucepan from the stove when it boils, and let the soup cool.
- Drain the soup when it cools.
- Place the drained soup on medium heat again.
- Add in the cream and simmer for five minutes.
- Ladle in soup bowls and serve hot.