- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp or more sea salt
- Melt the sugar in a thick bottomed saucepan with high sides.
- Swirl the saucepan to melt the sugar evenly.
- Once the sugar has a deep brown color, remove from heat and add all of the butter. (It will foam up)
- Stir until the butter has melted completely into the sugar.
- Whisk in the cream (more foaming).
- Whisk until you have a consistent sauce.
- Stir in half of the salt.
- Set it aside to completely cool the stir in the rest of the salt.
- Pour into glass bottle(s)/jar(s) and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.