- 30 g butter or margarine
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 160 g sugar
- 15 g flour
- 1 ml salt
- 1 ml vanilla essence
- 2 eggs separated
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat egg yolks one by one into
- the sugar and butter cream.
- Add the flour, salt and the milk alternately to the creamy batter, mixing well after every addition.
- Beat egg whites until it reaches the stiff peaks stage.
- Add vanilla essence and fold in stiffly beaten whites and bake for an hour in a deep pan or oven safe bowls at 180 degrees C.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.