- 1 lb. filo dough
- 2 cups of medium chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 lb. butter or sweet butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 basic syrup recipe 2 cups sugar - 1 cup water - few drops of lemon juice - 1 tsp rose water - boiled
- 1 tsp rose water
- Combine nuts, sugar with rose water.
- Spread Filo dough in a buttered 10
- x 14 inch pan, and brush each layer with butter.
- Place nut mixture in 1/2 to 3/4 inch layer halfway through the layering and continue with layering buttered filo on top.
- Cut in diamond shaped pieces and bake at 300 F until golden brown.
- Pour syrup over baklawa, and make sure the
- dough is well saturated.
- You can garnish with minced pistachio (optional).