Tunisian Baked Chicken
- 4 whole chicken breasts split, washed and dried
- 3 Tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ⁄4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1 ⁄2 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 small lemon thinly sliced
- pimiento stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a deep dish, combine the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dust the chicken into the mixture, coating evenly and shaking off the excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, then brown the chicken.
Remove the chicken from the oil into a medium baking dish. Don’t discard the oil in the skillet.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In the same skillet with the same oil, saute the onion, garlic and spices until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the broth and lemon juice, making sure to scrape the brown bits at the bottom of the skillet.
Once it boils, pour the mixture over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Arrange the sliced lemon on top, then cover the dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cover and sprinkle the olives and bake for another 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve and enjoy!