Pasta flora is a Greek jam tart, usually made with apricot jam, but any flavor of jam could be used. The dessert is versatile as it can be served with breakfast along with a nice cup of tea, a dessert for when company comes over, or just as a dessert after dinner.
European Food Recipes
Apricot jam (or any available jam)
1. Mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy, then mix in the eggs for a few minutes.
2. Mix the flour and baking powder together before adding them slowly to the butter mixture and folding.
3. Once a nice dough forms, shape into ball and then cut one quarter of the ball, wrap it in plastic film, and set it aside.
4. In your pie dish, flatten out the bigger portion of the dough, then cover with a layer of jam.
5. The next part you can get creative with. With the remaining dough, either make cut out shapes to cover the jam, stripes, or refrigerate the dough for a while before grating it over the jam with a cheese grater.
6. Place in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until it becomes a beautiful shade of golden brown.
7. Serve once it’s cooled down.