Tunisian Meat Pie2016-10-11
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern Food Recipes, Tunisian Food Recipes
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 6
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground lamb or beef
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium skillet, heat the oil then cook the onion until starts to soften.
Stir in the meat and cook until no longer pink; remove from heat.
In a deep dish, mix the mashed potatoes, boiled eggs, parsley and spices.
Stir in the beaten eggs and mix well.
Add the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve as pie wedges.