Mahshi Koosa (Stuffed Zucchini)2016-08-20
- Cuisine: Egyptian Food Recipes, Middle Eastern Food Recipes
- Course: Main Course, Vegetarian
- Add to favorites
- 1 kg zucchini
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 chopped onions
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup short grain rice
- Parsley, chopped
- Dill, chopped
- Corriander, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable, chicken or beef broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method: Preparing the zucchini
- Hollow out the zucchini after washing it.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and leave it aside in a tub of water.
Mix the ingredients of the stuffing together then add the seasoning.
Start stuffing the zucchini with the rice stuffing and fill them 3/4 of the way through.
Add each stuffed zucchini in a deep pot standing, open side facing up.
Stuff the remaining zucchini add them to the pot.
Add the broth around the zucchini until it fills about 1/4 of the pot.
Bring the pot to a boil on medium-high heat then let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Lower the heat, cover, and let it cook for 20 minutes.
Served with salad and a choice of protein.