Lahmacun (Turkish Burrito Pizza)
Cuisine : European Food Recipes
Course : Main Course
Type : Beef Recipes
Skill Level : Beginner
Ingredients (The Crust)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 10-gram instant yeast
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 Tbsp. pepper/tomato sauce (pure tomato sauce if you can't find mixed sauce)
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt (double if the sauce is not salted)
- Parsley, a handful
- 1/5 cup olive oil
- Combine dough ingredients in a bowl or stand-mixer.
- Kneed or mix the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it to rise for two hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the meat mixture by combining bell peppers, tomatoes, parsley and onion in a food processor and processing until well ground. The consistency should be somewhere in between a paste and sauce.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetable mixture and the sauce to the ground beef.
- Add the olive oil and spices and mix thoroughly.
- After dough has risen, form little balls a tiny bit bigger than a ping pong ball.
- While working on each ball of dough, cover the rest to avoid them drying out.
- Preheat your oven to 400 º
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out each ball with a rolling pin to be 2 millimeters thin.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and level with the back of the spoon.
- Bake lahmacun for 5-10 mins.
- Add some lettuce and desired salad and a squeeze of lemon juice, wrap and enjoy your lahmacun!