- Cuisine: Lebanese Food Recipes
- Course: Healthy, Quick and Easy, Side Dish, Snack, Vegetarian
- Skill Level: Child Friendly, Easy
- Add to favorites
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seeds paste)
- Salt & pepper
Rinse and drain the chick peas then soak it in water and the bicarbonate of soda for overnight.
Drain chick peas and rinse well, then place in a saucepan with plenty of water and cook over high heat until it starts to boil.
Lower the heat and simmer covered for about an hour and a half, or until the chick peas are soft.
Drain cooked chickpeas and place in a food processor with all of the other ingredients until it becomes a soft paste.
Empty in a flat dish.
You can decorate with some parsley leaves and drizzle with good quality olive oil.