Fried Chicken Salad with Dilled Ranch Dressing2016-07-28
- Cuisine: American Food Recipes
- Course: Quick and Easy, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Child Friendly, Easy
- Add to favorites
- 1 (9 oz.) package fully cooked breaded chicken breast tenderloins
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 6 cup green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces,
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tbsp coarse grind pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oil
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake until it turns golden and fragrant from 4 to 5 minutes.
Mix together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, pepper, dill, tarragon and garlic powder and set aside.
Place a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook from 4 to 5 minutes while turning only once, until golden-brown and heated through.
Add the corn and cook and stir for 2 minutes, until it starts to brown.
Mix in a bowl the lettuce and onion with the reserved pecans and corn; and arrange on the serving plate.
Add the chicken on top and drizzle with the Ranch dressing.