- Cuisine: Egyptian Food Recipes, Middle Eastern Food Recipes
- Course: Healthy, Quick and Easy, Vegetarian
- Add to favorites
- 1 cup dried chick peas
- 1 cup dried broad beans
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
Soak beans and chick peas in water and bicarbonate of soda for 24 hours then drain and wash.
Place the soaked beans and chick peas with all of the other ingredients in a food processor, then blend until you get a soft dough mixture.
Remove from blender and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour before use.
Divide and shape mixture into small balls, a walnut size.
Flatten a bit with your hand.
Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds and press it into the falafel (optional).
Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Serve warm, rolled in pita bread, and add salad.