Avocado, Feta and Roasted Tomato Salad
Cuisine : American Food Recipes
Course : Healthy
Type : Salads Recipes
Skill Level : Beginner
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup tightly-packed small basil leaves
- 1kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 375g small green beans, trimmed
- 100g marinated feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced lengthways
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Liguria olives (table olives)
Peel the avocados, cut in halves, remove stones and chop roughly.
Preheat oven at 200°C.
Place non-stick baking paper on a baking tray.
Combine the tomatoes with garlic and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl and toss gently to coat.
Spread them over the tray and season with salt and pepper.
Roast the tomatoes for about 35 minutes or until they are tender and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
In the meantime, fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to boil.
Add the beans and cook for about 3 minutes or until they get bright green and tender.
Drain and wash with cold water.
Dry and divide into serving bowls.
Add the tomatoes, olives, avocado, feta and the basil over the beans.
Drizzle each bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season it with black pepper.